Sunday, January 11, 2009

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Hi everyone,

Sorry it's been a while since we last updated our blog! This holiday has been extremely busy. It is about 11pm on Sunday night and I thought I would share my Christmas present with you all. As most of you all know-we haven't heard Dani Jo since she was about 3 weeks old and haven't heard her since. I have been praying to hear my little girl's voice. God answered my prayers for Christmas on Decemeber 7th. I hope that you all find as much joy in the video below as we did.

We mothers spend 90% of our time telling our children to "be quiet", "be still", "not so loud"...I don't do that as much as might have before. For 4 years I have taken for granted sound from my children...For 14 months we have not been able to hear sound from Dani Jo...So when we were finally able to hear her voice, we were overflowing with joy that could never be put into words.

Dani Jo has been my inspiration over the past year. I am a better mother because of her. She has taught me to love deeper, live life fuller, and never ever take for granted the precious things in life, no matter how big or small. A baby's cry has never sounded sweeter to me...a baby's coo never gave me the feeling that I feel when I hear Dani Jo.

Dani Jo would not be where she is now without your prayers and support. God has truly blessed us with 3 beautiful miracles. I used to go through the motions of being a mother before her, but I look at "motherhood" very different. There are a lot of women that long to have a child of their own and before I just took that for granted. I thank God everyday for making me a mom! If you are a parent, I encourage each of you to spend "valuable" time with them. I have started "hanging out" with my girls everyday. All they really want is for us to spend time with them and to be interested in them...they want to know they are appreciated, loved, and to listen to what they have to say. I have learned so much over the past year.

God allows things to happen in our lives so that we are humbled. I am humbled!

Well, it is almost midnight, but I wanted to give you all an update on our family. We love each of you and will post more later! May God bless you all this new year!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW THAT IS A BLESSING I LOVE YOU GUYS AND GALS TAKE CARE
STEVEN CAIN

jennjenn said...

Such a precious video! I think I heard her say "Jenn Jenn". This entire experience has also made me become a better mother and not take little things for granted that I used to. I love you all.
Love,
Aunt JennJenn

Anonymous said...

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL SOUND! Just the first of many more!! Your entire family is still bathed in our prayers.
A Blessed Mother from King

Anonymous said...

TOO PRECIOUS...Can't stop listening....Love, Kim Phillips

Anonymous said...

Amanda, What a beautiful sound.
I know this is one of the things that you and Joey were praying for.
This just continues to let me know that GOD still answers prayers.
Sherry

Anonymous said...

I cried when I heard Dani Jo and read your thoughts...I too remember the joy of those first sounds. God Bless you all...you are in our prayers daily in our hearts always!
We love you!!
Andy, Crystal & Cole